Long Term Care Administration Advanced Certificate
The Certificate program in Long Term Care Administration is a 15 credit program offered jointly by the Graduate School and the School of Nursing. It is designed to allow potential Nursing Home Administrators to meet all the educational standards for licensure required by the New York State Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators. It is also of value to individuals with a background in nursing or administration who wish to become Nursing Home Administrators.
At the conclusion of this program students will: (1) meet the educational standards for licensure required by the New York State Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators and have the necessary educational background to succeed on the state examination and (2) have demonstrated mastery of administrative, managerial, financial, legal, ethical, and gerontological issues in nursing home administration.
- GRT 500 - Introduction to Gerontology 3 cr.
- GRT 660 - Nursing Home Administration 3 cr.
- LTC 503 - Budgeting and Financial Accounting 3 cr.
- LTC 504 - Management of Human Resources 3 cr.
- LTC 505 - Health Care Ethics, Law, and Policy 3 cr.