Long Term Care Administration Online
The College of New Rochelle is the only college in New York State to offer online courses toward the Certificate in Long Term Care Administration.
Jointly offered by the College's School of Nursing and Graduate School, the Long Term Care Administration Post-Master's Certificate Program is designed to allow nursing home administrators to meet all the educational standards for licensure required by the New York State Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators. Interested students must have a bachelor's degree.
The 15-credit program includes five courses. Currently, several courses are offered in an accelerated eight-week, purely online format, and additional courses are being developed in this format each semester. All courses in the program will be offered online by October 2014.
Required Courses - 15 credits
- GRT 500 - Introduction to Gerontology 3 cr.
- GRT 660 - Nursing Home Administration 3 cr.*
- LTC 503 - Budgeting and Financial Accounting 3 cr.
- LTC 504 - Management of Human Resources 3 cr.*
- LTC 505 - Health Care Ethics, Law, and Policy 3 cr.*
* Offered online