BSN - Transfer Program
The College of New Rochelle School of Nursing & Healthcare Professions accepts transfer application from students who are attending or who have previously attended any accredited two- or four-year college or university. Candidates must be in good standing at the institution in which they are currently or were most recently enrolled.
Effective June 2016, transfer students who have NOT taken any previous CNR courses must follow the BSN curriculum. Students must have successfully completed the courses required in the SN/Transfer curriculum before the first clinical course.
For students who intend to be “clinical ready” for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 ONLY, the following three courses may be completed after starting NUR 217, but students must follow the required prerequisite guidelines.
- NUR 101 Holistic Self-Care (.5 credits)
- NUR 106 Cultural Issues in Healthcare (2 credits)
- PSY 243 Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
Students who intend to be "clinical ready" after Spring 2017 must complete these three courses before entering NUR 217 Fall 2017.
Program of Courses
Liberal Arts and Sciences Requirements
- Concepts in Biology 3 cr.
- Anatomy & Physiology I/II 7 cr.
- Microbiology 3 cr.
- General Chemistry 4 cr.
- College Algebra 3 cr.
- Statistics 3 cr.
- Computer Applications 3 cr.
- Introduction to Sociology 3 cr.
- General Psychology 3 cr.
- Developmental Psychology 3 cr.
- Writing I/II 6 cr.
- Business, Economics, or Political Science 3 cr.
- NUR 211 - Nutrition 2 cr.
- Electives 15 cr.
Professional Nursing Requirements
- NUR 209 - Nursing I: Foundations for Nursing Practice 5 cr.
- NUR 212 - Pharmacology 3 cr.
- NUR 107 - Health Assessment Lab 0 cr. AND NUR 207 - Health Assessment/Lab 3 cr.
- NUR 208 - Psychosocial Nursing 3 cr.
- NUR 322 - Transcultural Perspectives in Health Care 2 cr.
- NUR 304 - Altered Physiology I 2 cr.
- NUR 306 - Altered Physiology II 2 cr.
- NUR 309 - Nursing II: Acute Health Problems (Adult Health I) 4 cr.
- NUR 314 - Nursing II: Synthesis: Acute Health Problems (Adult Health I) 3 cr.
- NUR 311 - Nursing III: Parent Child Health Nursing 4 cr.
- NUR 312 - Nursing III: Synthesis: Parent Child Health Nursing 4 cr.
- NUR 411 - Nursing IV: Chronic Health (Adult Health II) 4 cr.
- NUR 415 - Nursing IV: Synthesis: Chronic Health (Adult Health II) 3 cr.
- NUR 413 - Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing 3 cr.
- NUR 414 - Synthesis: Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing 2 cr.
- NUR 410 - Introduction to Research 3 cr.
- NUR 440 - Politics of Health Care 1 cr.
- NUR 445 - Nursing V: Community Health Nursing 2 cr.
- NUR 446 - Nursing V: Synthesis: Community Health Nursing 2 cr.
- NUR 447 - Nursing VI: Transition to Professional Practice and Leadership 2 cr.
- NUR 448 - Nursing VI: Synthesis: Transition to Professional Practice and Leadership 2 cr.